Year-End Tax Statement Support

Year-End Tax Statement Support

Year End – VOM

Your year-end tax statement summarizes the previous 12 months of payments, taxes, and interest.

You’ll probably want to have a copy of this when you file your taxes.

Typically, it will be available online around the middle of January. If you are not signed up for Paperless, your statement will be mailed to you by January 31st.

As soon as it’s available, your year-end tax statement can be found in the "Statements" section.

If your loan was transferred during the prior year, you’ll receive statements from Mr. Cooper and your previous lender no later than January 31st.

Should you need it, our tax ID number is 75-292-1540.

Frequently Asked Questions

The Form 1098–also known as Mortgage Interest Statement—is used to report the amount of interest and related expenses you paid on your mortgage during the tax year. The purpose of a Form 1099 is to record types of income received from sources other than your employer, the discharge of a debt, or to notify that an event took place.

There are several types of Form 1099, but these are the only types we would send you, if necessary:

  • 1099-A: Used to alert the IRS that an event took place (foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, etc.)
  • 1099-C: Needed when a debt is cancelled, forgiven, or discharged.
  • 1099-INT: Needed when your escrow account earns $10 or more in interest during the previous year.
  • 1099-MISC: Needed when customers received $600 or more in cash benefits during the previous year.

You’ll receive statements from both Mr. Cooper and your previous lender.

If you refinanced your loan during the previous year, you’ll receive two statements, one from each servicer, for each separate loan number.

If you didn’t receive a 1099-INT, it’s because you were either paid less than $10.00 in accrued interest in your escrow account or your interest income was paid on or after January 2nd, so you won’t receive one until next year.

If you believe your interest was reported incorrectly, please review your payment history to see how and when your interest payments were applied. If you see any discrepancies, please contact us so we can research the payments.

On the "Statements" page, select the dropdown to choose which year you want to view. If you were with a different servicer previously, you’ll need to contact them for the statement(s).

If your name and/or address changed from what’s shown on the year-end tax statement, it doesn’t affect the reporting to the IRS, so you don’t need a corrected 1098.

If you signed the Note but your name isn’t on the year-end tax statement or 1098, here’s why: Only the primary borrower’s Social Security Number is reported.

To switch the order of the names and the reporting for future statements, you’ll need to complete an Affiliation Change Agreement.

Please send the signed and notarized form back to Mr. Cooper at:

Mr. Cooper

Attn: Research

PO Box 612488

Dallas, TX 75261

After we receive the form, we’ll process it within 5-7 business days.

The amount on your year-end tax statement is based on disbursements—payments from your escrow account—minus any refunds received. You can verify any amounts paid for taxes and/or insurance by looking at the payment history on your previous monthly statements or by contacting your taxing authority or insurance company.